For a Taste of Six-Man Football, Click Image to See 2012 Texas TAPPS DII 6-Man State Championship Game between Seguin Lifegate & Fredericksburg Heritage
2017 SPRING SIX-MAN YOUTH
TACKLE FOOTBALL LEAGUE
Played at CFPO-PAL Complex, "Peyton Fields," 333 S. Reimer Ave., San Marcos, TX 78666
(The information provided below is subject to change without written notice.)
- Registration will begin the first week of February and end on date of first game March 25th.
- Registration Fee is $95 ($115 if paid after March 1st.)
- Season goes from March 25, thru May 20th.
- Age verification is whatever age player was on September 1st 2016 is age bracket they are eligible for.
- There will be an 8U, 10U, 12U and a Major (7th. Grade only)
- No 7th graders allowed in 12U.
- CFPO will provide a game Jersey for all registered players that need these.
- All players needing a helmet and shoulder pads will be required to put down a 50.00 deposit for equipment. (This will be returned to you when equipment is turned in at end of season.)
- Teams are welcome to provide their own jerseys, we ask that you let the league know ahead of time so we can coordinate color schemes and prevent excess ordering.
- Roster size is not to exceed 15 players.
- All coaches must be certified and pass a background check by CFPO. (fall certification is still valid)
- All coaches must attend an orientation class will be combined with certification class.
Please contact Stacy Gullion as soon as possible with your information about team age and number of teams being entered into league.
Please note that even if your organization, nor your child plays in the Fall with the CFPO-PAL, you are welcome to come join us in the Spring. We are not limited to CFPO teams only, so if you are interested in playing or bringing a team to our league for six-man, don't hesitate to contact Stacy Gullion at email@example.com or call 512-618-3081
This is a great chance for your players to enhance their skills in open-field tackling and other fundamentals of football...especially for those 6th graders that are moving up to 7th grade in the Fall because this will be their last chance to hone in on those skills before their season starts.
Six-man is the most exciting game in tackle football. It has been played in Texas by small schools since 1938 when Prairie Lea faced Martindale (both just south of San Marcos) in the first game ever played in Texas. If you want your child to have an opportunity for a once in a lifetime experience, then please be sure to sign them up. Normally, you will practice at your local teams practice site and then all games will be played on Peyton Fields of the CFPO-PAL on Saturdays. Please get this information out to all coaches and players. We are looking to improve upon a very successful 2016 season.